For this Firkin opinion piece, with the turkey merely a leftover memory and Christmas fast approaching, I want to get a little grumpy.
Just a little. Then I can get back to my cheerful but wary self. Here is a short list of beer items that I am NOT thankful for…
- the lactose-isation of beer from pastry stouts to milkshake IPA’s
- the slowed but still going IP theft labels
- anyone not feeling welcome in a taproom
- Whole Foods not being able to scan a single can, only 4-packs
- lack of half pint pours in many places
- the font size on labels growing ever smaller
- idiots not wearing masks
That feels better. Now onto the final month 2021.