This month the Guild has two back to back weeks of info. Here are my takeaways from Opening a Brewery During a Pandemic with guests Mario Cortes and Dave Riddille of the excellently named Here Today which is still yet to open in Seattle.
- How do you create a beer list that attracts beer nerds, beer newbies and then how do you split that between local and tourists
- You don’t know what will be important day-to-day nor predict what may be important in the long term
- You need to be able to have honest discussions about which distribution route you want to take. Is selling focused on your location the best?
- Can you still produce quality beer but with less state of the art equipment?
- And a question from me for other new breweries, do you have to design a space that can be transformable in case of future pandemic restrictions as yet unknown?