My lucky number is 9 and this year it is Pacific Plate Brewery’s lucky number too as they celebrate their 9th Anniversary in Monrovia. And they have a special beer ready, Black Obsidian – “A bourbon barrel coffee stout that hits all the right notes. The beer was aged in Heaven Hill bourbon barrels creating a final product that is rich in vanilla, chocolate, coffee and bourbon.”
Smog City has rolled with the punches when it comes to their 9th Anniversary and have decided to go big and celebrate over multiple days! Below is the week plans per the brewery… – The release of Kumquat Saison, our beer brewed in partnership with Food Forward The beer will be available in 4-pack cans for pick-up at all taproom locations, delivery, and shipping in California starting 5/14. $22/4-pack.
– Awesome Smog City anniversary party packs will be given out while supplies last with any purchase of a 4-pack of Kumquat Saison. That packs include: (2) Smog City cookies from Torrance Bakery, Smog City coloring pages, Smog City sticker, Coffee Porter compost, and a special anniversary card from Laurie and Porter! (1 per customer and while supplies last)
– A special Thursday night happy hour Zoom call hosted by Laurie & Porter call featuring Kumquat Saison, Food Forward, a beer cocktail making lesson, and lots of old photos! The call will be on 5/14 and starts at 6pm. Come join us for a good time and to learn about what makes Kumquat Saison such a special beer.
– Kumquat Saison Margarita beer cocktail kits for sale at the Torrance Brewery & Taproom + online for delivery
– 3941 Tamales onsite at the Torrance Brewery & Taproom Friday, 5/15 from 3pm – 8pm selling delicious pre-made food to go that complements the Kumquat Saison margs perfectly. You will be able to order food ahead of time online for quick pick-up or order onsite. Menu and ordering link coming soon!
– Anarchy Seafood onsite at the Torrance Brewery & Taproom Saturday from 2pm – 6pm selling her amazing seafood focused dishes to-go. We’ve missed this food so much! Menu coming soon!
Good beer homes in Los Angeles are nearing that double-digit number, one of which, Tony’s Darts Away is coming up on their 9th Anniversary. and you’re all invited to the Beer Bash!
As per tradition, the party start at midnight on Friday, May 10, with the tapping of our new batch of Darts Away IPA. Bluebird Brasserie and the New Original Breweries did the brewing honor for the anniversary strong IPA.
On both Saturday and Sunday, May 11 & 12, a new keg will be tapped every hour. Follow the Social of Medias to find out if a super rare beer or your favorite brewery will be going on tap.
Yesterday, groundbreaking L.A. brewery, Eagle Rock riffed on Ed Wood and tapped a new Imperial Pilsner to celebrate 9 brewing years. Here are some photos from the day though I can’t really convey the smoke machine and the hickory BBQ smell….
The Plan 9 beer was really good. A touch of sweetness. ABV heft to it but not heavy. A great example of their recent magic with pilsner and lager. I am hoping it will be canned soon too.
Sunday, January 20th – “Ladyface 9th Anniversary Celebration & Block Party, plus the chance to purchase one of the coveted Anniversary glasses (special limited release) that brings you happy hour pricing all year, any day, any time on Ladyface Ales. Purchase your Anniversary glass on this day and fill it with “Dreamer” our 9th Anniversary Ale–a barrel aged Barleywine!”
Saturday, January 26th – Eagle Rock 9th Anniversary “Can you believe we’ve been brewing at our little brewery for NINE years?? We’re ecstatic to be able to celebrate with you! Save the date and get ready to PARTY! More details to come!”
My favorite and (I think) lucky number is 9. So when I saw the label for the latest anniversary beer from Double Mountain Brewery of Hood River, I knew that I would have to search it out. The Divine is “a bourbon-barrel aged brown ale of ethereal character. The strong brown ale base brew left to meditate in Woodford Reserve bourbon barrels for the better part of a year. The celestial slumber brought forth wondrous flavors and aromas of wooden vanilla, toffee, caramel, black licorice, and dark fruit, accompanied by a pleasant bourbon warmth.”