Yesterday, the ol’ pigskin was tossed around at…
Here is my ranking of the beers tasted during the pre-game, the game, the half-time and finally watching the Chiefs accepting the trophy after a very long wait.
- Stone 02.02.2020 Epic Palindrome Ale -sort of an amped up Witbier meets Belgian Golden. This had a touch of spice and a smaller touch of citrus but after a pile of IPA’s this was the most interesting beer sip after sip.
- Port Brewing Wipeout IPA – Solid and nicely bitter in the West Coast Style. Light malt base and one that I did not forget during the game.
- Strand Brewing White Sand DIPA – As is usual with Strand, malt forward with hops filling in gaps like linebackers. Very old school.
- Track 7 Left Eye, Right Eye DIPA – Fine. Didn’t move the needle for me.
- New Belgium Voodoo Ranger IPA – This gets a pass because I think it was old and stale.
- Cellador Petalum – First, this gushed. And it gushed bright red. Then the smell of beets just took over. No sour, no wild just beet juice. I took a few swallows and was done.