I kinda prefer to-do vs resolution. I think the latter though stronger is more often lost by the second week of January. That is prelude to the fact that one of my to-do’s this year is to listen to more of the programming from the Beer Writers Guild (NAGBW). Last week writers/ historians Maureen Ogle and Liz Garibay spoke about writing about alcohol through the lens of history.
Here are some nuggets of wisdom that I picked up….
- Ogle is working on a book about August Schell and his brewery
- keep historians in mind when writing about beer but not the usual suspects
- you can tie current events to the past because what may seem new probably happened before
- I will be interested in the 2021 Beer Culture Summit from all the praise heaped on the 2020 version
- there is a book about Hawaii beer history coming from Paul Kan and another writer Isco working on something about Oklahoma brewing history